The highest recorded permit approval rate happened during the start of the county’s oil operations in 1990 when more than 200 permits were approved. In the recent years, the county experience a rapid decline in permit approvals with the number not even reaching approvals a year. This year alone, of the 45 permits filed, only 19 were approved. These were filed by companies such as the Apache Corporation; Anadarko E&P Onshore LLC; Williams, Clayton Energy, Inc,; and Halcon Operating Co., Inc.
In 1993, the county listed its highest production at 6,612,075 barrels of oil for that year alone. However, production has taken a downward turn in the county and it has never reached the same amount in terms of production ever since. In fact, for this year, the production has been recorded at its worst level in the county’s history. Just around 1,322,415 barrels of oil were produced for this year.
Since the start of its operations, some 719 operators have gone into Burleson County’s territory. The top leases in the county include the Ayers-Jackson Unit Oil Lease #025690; Bravenec Oil Lease #026201; Dayton Oil Lease #026402; Fillippone, Marion J. Fee Oil Lease #012060; and Graham, Lois –A- Oil Lease #014783.
Top Leases in Burleson County, TX
• Ayers-Jackson Unit Oil Lease #025690
• Bravenec Oil Lease #026201
• Dayton Oil Lease #026402
• Fillippone, Marion J. Fee Oil Lease #012060
• Graham, Lois -A- Oil Lease #014783
• Horne Management Co. Unit Oil Lease #022949
• Hutchings-Hutchings “A” Unit Gas Lease #148232
• J. H. Buckman E Unit Oil Lease #026249
• Knox Oil Lease #018591
• Lange, William A Oil Lease #013284
• Last Chance Gas Lease #168633
• Lastly Unit Oil Lease #025168
• Machann West Unit Oil Lease #023969
• Moore, Jesse Gas Lease #155376
• Pivonka E Unit Oil Lease #026376
• Rio Brazos Unit Oil Lease #024451
• Smith-Calvin Unit Oil Lease #018861
• T.E. Gibson, JR. Unit 1 Oil Lease #021317
• Tamu Oil Lease #021415
• Viola Davis E Unit Oil Lease #026141