Permit approvals have occurred in an erratic rate in Aransas County. It experienced its high in 1994 when more than 30 permits were approved. At present, it is experiencing its lowest point with only 1 approval. This same rate also occurred in 2012. Of the 5 permits filed this year, only 1 by the Hilcorp Energy Company was approved. Other companies that operate in the area are T-C Oil Company, Wallis Energy, Inc., and Genesis Producing Company, L.P.
The county experienced its record high in the production of oil when it produced more than 362,925 barrels of oil in 1994 alone. However, since then, a down ward cycle has emerged in the county. As of last count, some 314 operators have gone into the county’s territory.
Top oil leases in the county include Copano Bay State Oil Leases #0122391 and #013557; Lone Wolf Unit Oil Lease #013833; St. Charles Co. Gas Lease #013798, and State Tract 113 Oil Lease #013798.
Top Leases in Aransas County
- Copano Bay State Oil Lease #012391
- Copano Bay State Oil Lease #013557
- Flinn, Et Al Unit Gas Lease #267429
- Grant “B” Gas Lease #188150
- Lone Wolf Unit Oil Lease #013833
- Nine Mile Point Field Cons. Gas Lease #225679
- Nine Mile PT. FLD Consl. G.U. Gas Lease #099731
- St. Charles Co. Gas Lease #272321
- St. Charles Co. Gas Lease #270893
- St. Charles Co. Gas Lease #157177
- St. Charles Co. Oil Lease #013798
- State Tract 113 Oil Lease #006743
- State Tract 12 Oil Lease #012613
- State Tract 19 Oil Lease #013678
- State Tract 80 Gas Lease #237417
- State Tract 94 Oil Lease #013468
- State Tract 95 & 96 Oil Lease #012847
- Tatton, V.H. Oil Lease #012738